• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play music from Galaxy Tab S2 through device with usb input

I have a galaxy tab s2 and I wish to play music on the tab s2 through a Panasonic SC-HC37DB. This is the device our group use in a small dance hall as it gives us music at an adequate playback level.

This has the following inputs - an iPod dock, a cd player and a USB stick. It has no 3.5 mm audio jack input only an earphone outlet

If I copy all my files on to a USB stick play back becomes very difficult as the files are stored on the stick in what appears to be a random order and display panel on the Panasonic is very small and is very limited in info it can display.

Can I play the music stored on my tab s2 through this device?

Another possibility is to buy a cheap iPod and use that as the playback source but I am against that as I already have too many devices all with different operating systems.

Yet another possibility is to get some really power but small and portable speaker/s but this would be far more expensive.

Any ideas?

This is a system with an iPod Dock connector on it, it doesn't have Bluetooth either. And the USB only supports FAT formatted storage media upto 32 GB. So no I don't think you can use your Samsung tablet with it. It won't even support modern Apple iOS devices either.

You might have to looking at getting a used iPod, one that has the Dock connector on it. Which Apple hasn't made for a few years now. And thing with those, their sealed batteries may well be on their last legs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
With older iPod Dock systems and speakers, like this Panasonic. It's the iPod itself that plays the music and does all the work. There's an analog signal pass-through in the Dock connection, and the system is only amplifying.

EDIT

Something like this should work with the Samsung tablet and Panasonic though.
https://www.amazon.com/BriteLink-Bl...dock+adapter&qid=1551309738&s=gateway&sr=8-18
Bluetooth Receiver for iPhone Dock. 30-Pin Adapter

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones