• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please anyone develop ICS for a75 !

android155

Apr 2, 2012
May i take the opportunity to represent people of this forum, and ask the developers to develop ICS for our beloved a75 :D. I am not a DEV but I can give some ideas to work upon. DEVs may try to port CM9 to our devices or maybe try to port MIUI ;). And for some guys who think ICS is not compactable with our phones, qualcomm has released drivers for ICS development on arm v6 architecture :p. Even P500 ( Optimus One ) has Icecream sandwitch update available(unofficial), and if they have it, we can have it too...:p:p:p:p
This is my humble request. Please all work together to make this phone have a new life ! :p:):p

May i take the opportunity to represent people of this forum, and ask the developers to develop ICS for our beloved a75 :D. I am not a DEV but I can give some ideas to work upon. DEVs may try to port CM9 to our devices or maybe try to port MIUI ;). And for some guys who think ICS is not compactable with our phones, qualcomm has released drivers for ICS development on arm v6 architecture :p. Even P500 ( Optimus One ) has Icecream sandwitch update available(unofficial), and if they have it, we can have it too...:p:p:p:p
This is my humble request. Please all work together to make this phone have a new life ! :p:):p

for now its not possible as the kernel source is not available and mmx is not willing to give it

Upvote 0
Nope.......ICS can be ported without kernel source but what we need is a normal combo of kernel+ramdisk in boot.img then only porting is possible otherwise not.
Still we are unable to extract ramdisk.img by which we can create such a combo.
Once thats done...porting is easy :)

@android155
Till now no such tool exists which can reverse engineer zimage into its source code.
So no luck :(

Reactions: android155
Upvote 0
any success guys?.....any step taken?....any foot stepped forward?? please give me a link where to look for a chinese ROM with similar specs, i will keep a close eye, so i can alert u with some stuff all around....i hav xcelent information gathering capability.... :) let me come of some use.....( once again i m zero at coding stuff) :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones