• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help! Messages from the future!

My Samsung Acclaim is switching back and forth from receiving texts in real time to receiving texts timestamped 10 minutes (more or less) in the future. This is causing my texts to be completely out of order. Totally confusing and extremely difficult to have a conversation.

I restarted my phone, deleted all my threads, and changed my time settings from automatic to manual. none of these things helped.

It just started doing this last night, I have had this phone for a couple months now and this is the first time I've ever had this problem (I moved to California from Chicago about 3 weeks ago and it didn't even do it then!), and it's not a time zone issue, as I'm in Pacific and regularly text people in Central and Eastern and still get MY time for a timestamp... keeping texts in order.

Please help me out! Any suggestions?

SamanthaJo, have you performed a PRL Update either before, or since moving? NOTE: If you are currently roaming DO NOT perform a PRL Update. A PRL Update must be performed from a native US Cellular area. This updates the list of US Cellular and partner roaming towers on the phone.

If this doesn't help, you may need to contact Customer Service and have them perform a Resend to Switch. You cannot be on the phone when this is done, so call from another line.

Also, is your time showing correctly on your phone?

I did the update while I was still in IL. My phone is showing the correct time, it's just my texts that are timestamped wrong.

What is a resend to switch?

Called to resolve the issue with US Cellular. It's an issue that started with a lot of users last night and the engineers are currently working on it.

so if anyone else is having that problem, you can either call and fill out a ticket, or they'll just get it straightened out and it'll fix itself!

I spoke with Tech Team about a half hour ago. It is system-wide (although it doesn't seem to happen with every message), and it will be addressed during this evening's maintenance window. I'm guessing that a server needs to be bounced that will disrupt SMS messaging.

Back
Top Bottom