• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help Wierd Network Issue

warduke

Ok This is really weird. I have a Samsung Galaxy Avant sm-g386t1. Phone was working great. I went out of calling area for a few days and was in an area where signal was very weak. Then out of no where phone stopped working properly.

I got back home to the MetroPCS calling area NEW YORK CITY and the phone will only register on the MetroPCS network if im very close to a tower. If I go to my house the phone will no longer register on the network and will only work via WiFi Calling. If I use My wifes phone which is also a 4G LTE Samsung AVANT on MetroPCS her phone works fine. It can be sitting right next to my phone, hers will say MetroPCS mine will say searching and phone not registered on network.

My APN is set properly.

If I go into network search on my Samsung it only shows T-Mobile, 31160, Verizon as available

If I go into network search on my wifes Samsung it shows MetroPCS RAT: LTE MetroPCS RAT: WCDMA MetroPCS : RAT GSM, ATT Rat:WCDMA ATT RAT: GSM VERIZON: RAT: LTE 311 660 RAT:LTE

like I said if I walk 2 blocks away and stand next to the cell tower My Samsung will then register on MetroPCS and the 4GLTE works fast.

Is this the weirdest damn thing or what? I tried reflashing my phone with Odin with stock Firmware and this made absolutely no difference. I tried getting a new sim card and it made no difference. Please anyone who has any ideas let me know. I dont want to dump my phone its only 2 months old.

Mine has only ever shown tmobIle 31160 too as opposed to Metro'S 31062 (I think) that my last phone used. And of course I'm on metro not t mobile. Only had it for a few days though

Well my F6 only worked on Metro towers and they had their own seperate VPN and network (along with Tmobile's own towers) as of a week ago

Metro is owned by T-Mobile, obviously, but their CDMA network is scheduled for complete shutdown by this time next month. Their LTE towers will be absorbed by T-Mobile by then as well.

Back
Top Bottom