• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help

efmp1987

Hi there, Im new to this forum, and its in fact my first "technology forum". As I am not so "techie", and just got my phone a month ago and Im having a hard time customizing with its customization. I have so much questions to ask. I hope this is the right place to ask?

1. Is it possible to delete stock widgets/shortcuts, say the sprint messaging widget? Im using Handcent SMS, and I want to delete or uninstall unneeded widgets to save precious memory.

2. Im using ADW Launcher EX, and in the homepage everytime I click the browser symbol (the little earth thingy), it brings me to the sprint website via the stock browser, and it wont load, and crashes (sometimes my phone restarts). I dont understand why it still "goes up" via the stock browser as I have already defaulted to the Dolphine mini browser. I hate the crashes and hang ups!

3. Is android booster any good? Just now something bad happened, it shown a battery level of 49% even though the "battery less than 15%" warning has popped up. The only thing that prevents from not using android booster widget is that 3G/GPRS is one click away. Is there an alternative for this?

4. Is it possible to uninstall android launcher?

5. How can I delete sprint ID? Is it bad to do so? Like would there be adverse effects?

Thanks so much for any help. :) Eddie

Eddie,

2. Im using ADW Launcher EX, and in the homepage everytime I click the browser symbol (the little earth thingy), it brings me to the sprint website via the stock browser, and it wont load, and crashes (sometimes my phone restarts). I dont understand why it still "goes up" via the stock browser as I have already defaulted to the Dolphine mini browser. I hate the crashes and hang ups!

Just use the <Search> button or launch Google Search instead to browse the web using Google. Also, in Menu->More->Settings, you can change the homepage that is opened when launching that app. You can also go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, "All" tab, select the Browser app, Force Stop the Browser, Clear cache and Clear Data.

3. Is android booster any good? Just now something bad happened, it shown a battery level of 49% even though the "battery less than 15%" warning has popped up. The only thing that prevents from not using android booster widget is that 3G/GPRS is one click away. Is there an alternative for this?

I don't believe and use any battery enhancing apps like Juice Defender or Task Killers like ATK (especially for android phones on Android 2.2 Froyo). Lowering your brightness to begin with makes quite a bit of difference in battery efficiency. Also, restricting the use of wifi to when you're at home, GPS to when you're really using it with an app (although as long as an app is not using it, you can supposedly leave GPS on and it should not be running), bluetooth, and minimizing the polling frequency of exchange/pop3 emails, facebook/friendcaster apps, weather, etc. Check out this thread for battery saving and performance enhancing tips:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/309252-my-non-root-tips-speed-up-transform-2-2-a.html

5. How can I delete sprint ID? Is it bad to do so? Like would there be adverse effects?

If you do a Samsung transform Hard Reset, you don't have to load or use a particular Sprint ID package aside from the default "clean" ID that is provided when you reset to factory settings and start with a clean slate. I believe the Factory default "Clean ID" is as minimal a Sprint ID package as you can get. Check out these threads for reference:

Sprint Community: Samsung Transform HELP??

http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/309252-my-non-root-tips-speed-up-transform-2-2-a.html

Finally, keep an eye out for the Sprint Tutorial Service running when you reboot the phone as it starts on boot. Click on Menu->Settings->Applications->Running Services and scroll down to see what's running. If it is, you can stop it (press or click on the service) so that it does not run and use up RAM.

Back
Top Bottom