• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help !

John htc

Lurker
Hey guys this is my first post. Im thinking about buying a htc incredible s and just wondering if I can update to the latest sense ui and also can you update android os. Thanks

The only way to update Sense or the Android OS other than what your carrier provides is to root the phone. If you root you will have access to several different ROMs to try. One note though, if you root this will void your warranty.

It's similar to Jailbreaking. I'm not familiar with the rooting process for the Incredible S to say if it's hard. I have the Incredible 2 and I thought it was fairly simple. I had my phone rooted in about an hour. I would recommend searching the Incredible S section here and on the XDA Forums to find out more information on rooting the Incredible S.

Side note - Even though the Incredible S is the European version on the Incredible 2 they do not use the same process to root.

This is my first Android phone and I have no regrets getting this phone. It has been very reliable for me. I'm not a Sense fan so that was one reason I rooted. I'm now running Cyanogenmod 7. The phone was fast before I rooted, it's even better now.

Back
Top Bottom