• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Pop up the virtual keyboard

paulscode

Mar 18, 2010
Anyone know the code used to pop up the user's currently selected virtual keyboard (besides setting focus to an editable text field)? I know it is possible, as I've seen apps that do this (the Apple ][ emulator on the Android Market, for example), but I haven't seen example code for this anywhere.

Hi , I know this question is related to another section , but I'll try to see if I get some answer here :)

each time I gain focus to an input field in a web page , the virtual keyboard pops-up and the entire page is being zoom-in , after inputing the text the page does not return to its original sizing - what can be done in order to make sure the page will remain at a known size even when the input field is focused?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones