• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Portable charger..thoughts on this one

HTTR

Android Enthusiast
My wife picked this up from verizon online with coupon, $25. I am trying to figure out the size..here is what I have:

Built in.....1820/1860mAh
Input 25v
Output 25v....500 mAh

Pretty nice design and compact and for the price may be good to have in a pinch. Anyone have experience with this thing?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345040898727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345040898727.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 69
I have something similar...bought off amazon. I believe its called the isound. 15,000. Yes 15k mah battery with a light and 4 USB ports. Only $50. Best back up ever. Small too

I've tried 2 different ones that I got on Amazon. First was an Anker 5600 mAh for $35. Nice and compact. It would re-charge my Razr Maxx 3300 mAh battery to full once, but that was about it, so I returned it. Then I got an Incredicharge 8800 mAh for $32. It can recharge the Maxx almost twice and is only a little bit bigger than the Anker 5600. You can also charge 2 things at once which is a nice feature. The one you posted has a lot lower mAh capacity but I've never tried it. These portable chargers are nice to have in a pinch. Based on my experience, you can't really expect to get the full amount of advertised capacity, but I'm happy with the Incredicharge as it will allow me to go at least 5 or 6 days without plugging into a wall charger if I don't have access to one.

My wife and I hit the ATV trails and camp a couple weekends during the summer. I use my phone for GPS on the trails and needed something that could charge my phone as much as I needed. Its a little more expensive, but the Goal0 7M Solar Panel works great. It about $70 on Amazon

Back
Top Bottom