• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power Outage Alarm Pro

PhilMcLear

Lurker
Hi

I'm looking for an APK for power outage alarm pro. The phones that I installed it on both have dying batteries & I can't find the original APK that I used to install it & I want to install it on 2 less old phones.

It breaks Google rules now as it sends an SMS message every time power goes on or off so it's no longer available via the Play Store.

Anybody know where I can find a copy please. I can get the free version but it is too restricted.

Linking the paid version would be piracy.

If you originally paid for it, have you tried contacting the developer about putting it on a new phone?

Yes, I have tried that but the consultancy no longer exists. They were happy to do what you suggest in the past to install it on a second phone & provided me with a link to download it. This link is also now dead. Below is what they sent me:

Unfortunately, since Google removed our app from the store, they also seem to be preventing users from re-downloading it even though they already own it. Existing users, such as yourself, can side-load the app by downloading it from our website here: <link removed by mod>. You will still need the account you used to purchase the app through Google Play on your phone.

Further information about how to side-load an app can be found here: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-enable-unknown-sources-sideload-apps-0161947/

Kind regards,

The Power Outage Alarm Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn't investigated re-creating the APK as I didn't know it was possible. I will give it a go - thanks for the pointer.

Hi - I have extracted the API & tried to install it but it gives me an unable to validate license error message. Anyone any ideas how I might overcome this problem?

Hi - I have extracted the API & tried to install it but it gives me an unable to validate license error message. Anyone any ideas how I might overcome this problem?

Yeh, that sounds like their license validation server is shut down. I don't think there's much you can do, not without hacking or patching the app somehow(if that's even possible).

Good luck.

If you really need that app, most phones with non removable batteries can still get a new battery.

Check out sites like iFixit.com to see if they have a guide for your phone model. Or you can go to a repair shop and have them replace it.

I'll bear that in mind - both phones have replaceable batteries, they are that old. Thanks.

Hi folks

Thanks to all the ideas posted on here. I have purchased some batteries so that I can extend the life of the old phones and I think I may have been successful in installing the app on a couple of Phones between 5 & 10 years old. I plan to get some Sims next week to try them out. Interestingly, I have only had the license issue on one of the attempted installs. Not looking for any more help on this one for now.

Many thanks to all who contributed.

Hello everyone,
I am looking for Power Outage Alarm Pro too. I mean, I have never bought it, I want to buy it legally.
Google has removed it from Google Play. Is it possible to buy the app directly from developer? If that is the case - can anyone share any contact information?
BR
Bartek

If it was removed from the Play Store, there's likely a good reason why: it may have been compromised by hackers or written as malware to steal personal data and send it to... who knows? Hopefully you'll find a suitable substitute - if you're determined to acquire it, however, there are plenty of legitimate Android app stores online where you can purchase it & install the APK.

Power Outage Alarm Pro <infopro@outagealarm.com> but they no longer exist afaik. I couldn't find it in any on-line store by the way.

Hi Phil
I have got the same problem as you had. Did you ever find a solution?
I've gone one worse actually as one of my old phones had a catastrophic demise and I'm trying to transfer the app to a newer phone but now run into the licence check issue. It's still working on the other old phone though. I need 2 because our 2 freezers are on different power supply circuits and when we go away on expeditions we need to cover both so we can message a friend to come in and reset the circuit breaker(s).

Back
Top Bottom