• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Priority/Silent Mode?

hybucket

I have a Galaxy 5 - was trying to set the sounds set so everything would be "silent" at night, except for phone calls. Doing a search, I discovered there used to be a silent mode, and now it's called Priority Mode with the 5.0 Lollipop, which I have. However, I cannot find any Priority settings or a Silent Mode. The closest I come up with is something called DO NOT DISTURB, but I have no idea where to find the settings. Plus, if everyone else has this Priority Mode, why doesn't it show up on my Samsung Galaxy 5 under Sounds and NOtifiications?

I have a Galaxy 5 - was trying to set the sounds set so everything would be "silent" at night, except for phone calls. Doing a search, I discovered there used to be a silent mode, and now it's called Priority Mode with the 5.0 Lollipop, which I have. However, I cannot find any Priority settings or a Silent Mode. The closest I come up with is something called DO NOT DISTURB, but I have no idea where to find the settings. Plus, if everyone else has this Priority Mode, why doesn't it show up on my Samsung Galaxy 5 under Sounds and NOtifiications?

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 40 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 5 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0, Android 5.0.1 and Android 5.1.1. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1. Could you post your Model number and Android version...

To locate these, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number and Android version

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S5 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone Info and it will give you, under Firmware Info... PDA, Baseband, CSC, versions.

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), location, (UK, India, Russia, USA, etc: ), and if your phone is rooted or not and running a custom ROM, (give details).

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

For more information, see, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

(TIP If you are a poster it is a good idea to mention your model number and firmware version in case this has a bearing on your problem.

Better still, if you have 25+ posts to your name, you can go to the black bar at the top of this forum and click on your
Username, which will show a drop down menu. Just select, "Signature", and you can enter in the signature box the details of your phone, i.e. - "Galaxy S5 G900F".This ensures that your device details are shown in every post you make. You can update this as often as you like and will help other users immediately identify your phone and firmware.)

Thanks - Model # is SM-G900A Version is 5.0 Carrier is AT&T USA
Baseband Version G900AUCU380C4
Kernel Version 3.4.0 4432708

Hope this helps...

I have a solution and it is not one you will find in a menu on the phone.

I installed MacroDroid and use it to quiet the phone at 2200 hours each night.

It stays mute as a dead log until I wake up and arouse the phone myself.

If you require it to wake up at a specific time, that is just as easy to do, you merely choose a specific trigger to get the job done.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

I will go thru it step by step for you. I am using the Premium version because it allows more than 1 Action per macro. You can use the free version which gives you 5 macros with only one function each. Still I can still accomplish what you want with the free one.

to create a new macro, you click on the PLUS sign.

Macro #1, we will name it "Quiet Hours"

Trigger: Day/Time Trigger
... select the days it needs to work
... set the time for it to activate, ie, 2200 hours and press OK

Action:Set Volume
... check off each that needs to be muted, I picked Notification; Ringer; System sounds;
... slide the volume control to the far left
... press OK

as this is the "free version" no more actions can be added, touch the Right Arrow

ignore Constraints, touch the Right Arrow

Enter the macro name: Quiet Hours 2200 and then press OK
........ it will go to the main menu

Macro #2, we will call it "Wake UP"

hit the plus sign

... set the time for it to activate, ie, 0600 hours and press OK

... check off each that needs to be un-muted, I picked Notification; Ringer; System sounds;
... slide the volume control to the far Right or lower as you choose
... press OK

as this is the "free version" no more actions can be added, touch the Right Arrow

Enter the macro name: Wake Up 0600 and then press OK

Now, when the phone's clock reaches 2200 hours (10 PM) my phone mutes itself and I enjoy a full night's sleep without annoying phone calls or sloppy battery charge full notifications or stupid middle of the night SMS greetings or telemarketers or Facebook notifications, etc.

All is good until 0600 and Macro #2 activates and wakes the phone up.

At 0601 hrs Alarm Clock Plus goes off and lets me know to get my buns out of bed, take a shower, grab a biscuit/sausage and pop it in the micro and get off to work.

Enjoy............ works for me.

I have a solution and it is not one you will find in a menu on the phone.

I installed MacroDroid and use it to quiet the phone at 2200 hours each night.

It stays mute as a dead log until I wake up and arouse the phone myself.

If you require it to wake up at a specific time, that is just as easy to do, you merely choose a specific trigger to get the job done.

I will go thru it step by step for you. I am using the Premium version because it allows more than 1 Action per macro. You can use the free version which gives you 5 macros with only one function each. Still I can still accomplish what you want with the free one.

to create a new macro, you click on the PLUS sign.

Macro #1, we will name it "Quiet Hours"

... set the time for it to activate, ie, 2200 hours and press OK

... check off each that needs to be muted, I picked Notification; Ringer; System sounds;
... slide the volume control to the far left
... press OK

Enter the macro name: Quiet Hours 2200 and then press OK

Macro #2, we will call it "Wake UP"

hit the plus sign

... set the time for it to activate, ie, 0600 hours and press OK

... check off each that needs to be un-muted, I picked Notification; Ringer; System sounds;
... slide the volume control to the far Right or lower as you choose
... press OK

Enter the macro name: Wake Up 0600 and then press OK

Now, when the phone's clock reaches 2200 hours (10 PM) my phone mutes itself and I enjoy a full night's sleep without annoying phone calls or sloppy battery charge full notifications or stupid middle of the night SMS greetings or telemarketers or Facebook notifications, etc.

All is good until 0600 and Macro #2 activates and wakes the phone up.

At 0601 hrs Alarm Clock Plus goes off and lets me know to get my buns out of bed, take a shower, grab a biscuit/sausage and pop it in the micro and get off to work.

Enjoy............ works for me.

Nice macro. I use similar ones for weekdays, with a slight modification that has to do with notifications instead of volume. The macros are as follows:

Macro #1, I name it "Weekdays nigh time notifications on"

... select weekdays: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri
... set the time to activate the macro: 0:01 am
... press OK

Action:Set Priority Mode
... Set to "Priority"
... press OK

No constrain needed.

Macro #2, I name it "Weekdays nigh time notifications off"

... select weekdays: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri
... set the time to activate the macro: 07:30 am
... press OK

Action:Set Priority Mode
... Set to "All"
... press OK

No constrain needed.

Of course you can create similar macros for the weekend as well. The only difference would be the times you set for notifications on and off.

Works very well for me. Hope it helps.

that is what is so neat about macros, you can tweak them for your own personal needs.

MacroDroid is much easier to use than Tasker....

Tasker is much more versatile, but at a cost. It has a very steep learning curve, so steep I have not made the crest of the hill yet.

Back
Top Bottom