• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem typing contacts

D

Deleted User

When I goto create a new text message, I can type some of my contacts names and they show up so I can select them, but some of them dont show up when I type their name and I have to go into my contacts in order to text them.

Also, another annoying little problem I have been having is that sometimes when i sit my phone down after using it, it randomly pops up with that quick search function on its own. Like it happens 10-15 secs after it hasnt been touched at all. It doesnt happen often, just randomly.

I too would be interested in the random search function. I notice it when I have an app running full screen for a long period of time. It happened with Pandora, and daily with google navigation.

The unattended QuickSearch popping up is a bug, and can be alleviated, sometimes, by performing a Factory Data Reset.

As for the other issue, I would look at where the contact originated. In other words, was it a contact from your GMAIL account, FaceBook, synced to your phone in the store via their Celbrite machine, etc. Look to see of there is a pattern that one type of contact isn't found. You may have to recreate some of your contacts to get them to work correctly.

Back
Top Bottom