• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with 'factory test' app

Hello.

I am having a problem with my new Galaxy Tab 3. I very frequently (at least three times a day) get a message informing me that the 'factory test' app has stopped working.

Anyone have any ideas about this, or how to resolve it? I'd prefer to actually fix the issue, rather than just hide the actual warning message, or is it of absolutely zero consequence if this app is on the fritz?

See attached image for any further info.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 192
Never seen that before. Did you loaded any new apps around the time this started? That's what might is causing this.

If it was mine, I'd try removing recent apps, one at a time, and see if the problem goes away. The term "factory test" might not be related to Samsung as one might think. Can you return it for a replacement?

If all else fails, you could do a factory reset. That would, of course, erase all your apps, but would return the device to it's original condition and erase any bad app related software. Never had to do that myself, but I know others have solved weird problems by doing it.

Hopefully one of our more knowledgeable members can shed more light on this. Good luck in your search.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones