• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with firmware update LePan TC 970

cevtablet

Lurker
I downloaded the files and connected my tablet to the PC. Then discovered that I needed to take out the MicroSD, reload it etc. By that time I had already clicked on Turn on USB Storage. I realized I would have to finish this process later. Could not turn off USB Storage. Turned off tablet and it has not come back on since. I charged it for hours. I have pressed reset several times, nothing happens. I can't remove MicroSD. Can't get LePan on the phone. Can't get them to send password.

Firmware update for LePan tc 970 from 4431 to 4626
Step 1 - connect Le Pan USB cable to your laptop
Step 2 - Download all three files on your laptop
Step 3 - Format (Delete everything on LePan SD Card through your laptop windows explorer).
Step 4 - Copy all downloaded files (2 files and not the instructions pdf) from your laptop to LePan SD Card folder on your laptop. You should see this in the E: drive.
Step 5 - Unplug the USB cable from LePan.
Step 6 - Power off the LePan
Step 7 - Press Vol- and Power buttons together and follow the instructions as in the pdf document.

Does anyone have a link to what changed in this latest update? I don't want to update unless there is a value in doing so.

Thanks.

The 4626 firmware update doesn't work. I was told that by Le Pan. They also told me the new update would be out a couple of weeks ago. For a nice little tablet they sure are trying to push customers away!

That is so good to know. I ordered mine, and it is being delivered tomorrow (cant wait!!) I was going to update before i installed anything else.

Overall, I have found 95% great reviews for the 970. I ordered from HSN and it came with a bunch of free apps valued at over $100 -- and has a 30 day unconditional guarantee, i figure I cant go wrong.

LOVE this forum! Really made me feel good about my purchase.

Mila C
Atlanta, GA

Omg.... I love it!!!! Was delivered with 4749 and is amazing. in another thread it was said 4749 wasnt out yet and that I should call le pan. Anyone else order from hsn?

Back
Top Bottom