• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with "OK" Google

markdoc

Android Expert
Everything has been working fine. Out of the blue, tonight, when I use OK Google I get it's offline, no internet connection. I checked my connections and they're good. I can use Google search in Chrome, I have downloaded apps from Google play. I get the same error with Wifi and 4G data. I can send & receive email. I also put my phone in Safe Mode. OK Google still said no internet connection. Please help.

Last edited:
Everything has been working fine. Out of the blue, tonight, when I use OK Google I get it's offline, no internet connection. I checked my connections and they're good. I can use Google search in Chrome, I have downloaded apps from Google play. I get the same error with Wifi and 4G data. I can send & receive email. I also put my phone in Safe Mode. OK Google still said no internet connection. Please help.

You said you tried safemode? So you have restarted phone? What about powering it off completely, then turning it back on (different from a restart).

When you say "OK google" do you mean the always listening function, or using voice from a widget on home screen (you hit the microphone icon for voice prompt)

Have you toggled radios off and on (turn airplane mode on then off)

Also try clearing cache and data from google app.

Thanks for answering. The first thing I did was power off the phone, wait 15 seconds and turn it back on. No change. Then I tried Safe Mode. I got the same problem in Safe Mode and after.
I should have included a screenshot, so here it is. It's the always listening function. I'll try your other suggestions and post the result. Thanks.
Screenshot_20160930-112046.png

OK, I toggled Radio mode on & off, no change.
I cleared the phone cache, no change.
I cleared the Google App's cache and data, Bingo, it worked!
Thanks so much for your help.

Back
Top Bottom