• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems charging phone

bambiears

Hi all :)

For the past 2 days ive been having problems charging my phone, im having to switch off (power down) to take battery off to put it back, to switch back on and then plug in the charger then it will charge. Its alot of messing about. Does anybody know what could be wrong with it please

thanks

I had the same problem with my last phone (W980). It uses the same battery as the mini pro (BST-38). I bought 2 new batteries from amazon for 3 quid each as I thought that was the problem but my phone still drained the batteries fast even when it was switched off! If the battery completely drained then it wouldn't charge in the phone. I cleaned all the contacts etc but I knew the phone was busted internally somehow because I had to reset the date every time I swapped batteries. I didn't want to repair it because I knew I would either lose it or get a better phone soon so I bought a battery charging cradle from amazon for 8 pounds. It was a Sony Ericsson CBC-100 which charges various battery sizes... Search for BST-38 charger.

As I now have a mini pro, I still have a use for the spare batteries and usually carry one in my wallet in case I go out drinking and forget to turn off my wifi etc. It's no fun I can tell you waking up in a strange place with a ginger walrus and not having a charged phone. You can't order a taxi or phone in sick for work. For me, having a spare battery is as important and necessary as contraception.

Use a charging cradle if the battery runs out until you can afford a new phone then sell the old one to cash converters or CEX with a full charge :D

Back
Top Bottom