• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problems updating apps??

Something has not been right with app updates for a week or two. I run a stock HTC Incredible on Verizon. YouTube is totally hosed. It runs but will not play videos, and the update hangs.
Maps update hangs as described in OP.
I've been using the Handcent text app and its Emoji plug-in for several months without a problem. Now the app is totally hosed and will not update. Uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but the download hangs then fails.
Angry Birds will not update, nor will my State Farm Insurance app.

Very puzzling. Very frustrating.

Upvote 0
Something has not been right with app updates for a week or two. I run a stock HTC Incredible on Verizon. YouTube is totally hosed. It runs but will not play videos, and the update hangs.
Maps update hangs as described in OP.
I've been using the Handcent text app and its Emoji plug-in for several months without a problem. Now the app is totally hosed and will not update. Uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, but the download hangs then fails.
Angry Birds will not update, nor will my State Farm Insurance app.

Very puzzling. Very frustrating.

And what turns my gears is that I go into the market and "uncheck" auto update only a few days later, seeing all these updates that bit my phone. If I see it when it starts, I have to immediately log onto the market and uncheck where it somehow got switched back to "update", then one by one uninstall the updates.. Some gets to where u cant uninstall them..

Upvote 0
I've also been having some very frustrating problems with the new Market v3.3.11 for a few weeks now.

The auto update doesn't work whether you've selected Wifi only updates or not - I still have to go in and update apps manually. Then when you do update, sometimes I experience errors and have to force stop the Market to try and update apps, only to find that these were 'phantom' updates and the apps don't need updating at all.

Very, very frustrating.

Upvote 0
Got one now with Go SMS. It stated that an error had been experienced while downloading the update. I cleared the Market cache and data. Went back to the market to manually update and the same error occurred. I left it literally 30 seconds and tried again and the update downloaded and installed.

If it was consistent, I wouldn't mind *as much*, but it's not!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones