• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Purchasing devices from T-Mobile store

bg1287

So was just wondering... can you purchase devices in the T-Mobile store flat out, at full retail price, and just take it home and activate it on your own?

I'd like to maybe buy an S5 and use it on the 30 dollar plan.

Of course you can. I would check the manufacturer's website. If sold on their site do a web coupon search. You may save 10-20% on a device. I bought a phone on Home Shopping Network. Took it to TMobile for sim activation and tranfer of contacts with no problems. Representatives were great. You may save $$ on insurance too. TMobile's deductible is outrageous. An idea is to call TMobile sales department and see if they can match the price too.

If you go to the Tmo store, they add $50 extra if you buy the phone without any plan.

If you buy the phone online from Tmo, they dont add the $50 charge.

Let me know if I am right or wrong.

Or buy the phone from HSN or at Fry's. I am not sure about Best Buy and Walmart.

It was a nice thought but I couldn't wrap my head around paying 600+ dollars for a phone! Hopefully when it goes down in price I'll pick up an S5! for now I picked up the S3 :)

It was a nice thought but I couldn't wrap my head around paying 600+ dollars for a phone! Hopefully when it goes down in price I'll pick up an S5! for now I picked up the S3 :)

I am going to be paying $813 for the Note 4. I can sell my HTC One for about $250. Thats the difference I will pay.

You could have got the Nexus 5. It is a good phone at a great price.

Back
Top Bottom