• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pure Gsm... What is that?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted User

Guest
While I was playing with my friends cell phone, I saw her gsm operator is Pure Gsm.. After I asked her she said that she only bought 10 dollars credit and now she has been using it for a month:confused:

Does anybody anything about that gsm company?
 
Global System for Mobile Communications. it's the most popular standard for mobile telephony systems in the world. It's a 2G mobile system.
 
Actually I asked about the company. Pure GSM! I've never heard about them...
 
puregsm.png


Couldn't find anything on it. Except there is a company called Pure Mobile, but they are a retailer for unlocked phones and accesories.

So I haven't the foggiest.
 
Probably some local rinky-dink provider who resells Sprint bandwidth or something. Kind of a small version of Cricket.
 
According to that guy's profile, he lives in Turkey. So its probably some incredibly local provider. But I can't imagine them not having a web site.
 
No I am in New York now!! I saw that company on my friends phone and she lives in United States. But thanks though..
 
Pshhh, the American date system on this board confuses me :p

Ah, you're one of them foreigners I've heard about! I know you started the language, but I'm pretty sure you guys added an extra sylabol to the word "aluminum". And obviously, your uneducated punk children on the other side of the pond can't spel fore nothin! Or did I spell sylabol right? I don't know. And I'm American, so I'm too lazy to look it up.:p
 
its a company that supports goverment issued phones like life wireless or safelink thats why you cant look them up on google because theres very little known about the company becaues they dont provide the service to the public they only go through goverment programs
 
I've been using Puretalk USA for my phone service for about 3 years. "Pure GSM" is what shows on the phone when there is service. (GSM is the phone network type as pthers have already mentioned. GSM phones use sim cards and run on AT&T and T-Mobile systems.) Their plans are all pre-paid starting at $10 per month for 101 minutes. All unused minutes roll over without time limits (like AT&T deleting roll-over minutes after 12 months.) They also have unlimited talk & text at $40 per month and a talk/text/limited data plan starting at $44 per month. Their service runs on AT&T's network so the coverage is about the same as AT&T. Well worth checking out.
 
Back
Top Bottom