• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PYLE PLDNANDVR695 running 4.4.1, data storage

Jack York

Lurker
I'm new here and am not sure where to post this. I just installed this head unit and because I could I plugged in a 300 GB hard drive as well as a 256 SD card. Because I didn't get the dedicated GPS/map SD card I plugged a 16 GB card into that slot, hoping I could make my own. When I powered it up the system recogized all the storage locations but will only download and store to the internal 16 GB of storage. I am currently using Google maps as my GPS program and when I down load my offline maps it also only sees the internal storage. Is there any way to fix this?

I'm new here and am not sure where to post this. I just installed this head unit and because I could I plugged in a 300 GB hard drive as well as a 256 SD card. Because I didn't get the dedicated GPS/map SD card I plugged a 16 GB card into that slot, hoping I could make my own. When I powered it up the system recogized all the storage locations but will only download and store to the internal 16 GB of storage. I am currently using Google maps as my GPS program and when I down load my offline maps it also only sees the internal storage. Is there any way to fix this?

If you go into Settings you can format the SD1 and SD2 memory cards. Connect to a WiFi network and wait with unit powered up. It will update the storage devices and update any application. This assumes you have a Google PlatStore Account. I am not sure if this device will support 256GB on the SD cards. I am using 64GB in each slot. I gave up on Google navigation because it kept stalling. I am having good luck with Waze.

I would think the USB should handle storage devices but again 300GB might exceed Android’s ability to address. BTW, maps are only stored on the GPS slot SD card.

Here is the info I received from Pyle support:

The GPS card was installed on the SD card.

If you have a problem using the GPS map of the unit it means that the map is not updated.

Since this is an android stereo, please download GPS Navigation - Drive with Voice, Maps & Traffic in Google Play Store.

You may use the link below if you're having a problem finding the application

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.aponia.bor3

I bought the same unit and mine has the GPS slot but not the 8gb SD card with the maps. I contacted Pyles India tech support and was told they are back ordered. They didn't seem to want to send me one if they got any. The guy I spoke with acted as though I was ignorant and I told him I wanted the card but he dodged the question. He said he was going to email me a link to download the maps to an SD card. Instead it was a link to the Playstore to install a different navigation app. Their tech support sucks. It states that the card slots support up to 64 gb cards. I have a 64gb card but google maps won't let me select it for offline maps. I will try formatting it in the unit and see if it will let me then. Mine came with IGo and it gives an error that the GPS card is not found then quits. I uninstalled it and use google maps because I use it at work as well.

I used 2 Class 10 64GB cards. Formatted both in the head unit. I updated the firmware and MCU with files from the Pyle site. I had been using Waze for the GPS. I downloaded the maps and application that you referenced from the Pyle tech support. That app takes 10 minutes to launch which renders it useless for most of my in town travel. I intend on deleting it and it’s huge maps. I also deleted the weather app. It was garbage. Never had right information displayed. I will probably delete eveything else to see if it will become fast enough to be usable.

I have reduced the frame rate for the forward facing camera to 10 frames per second to see if performance would improve. I have not had a chance to look at the recorded stream to see if quality is any better.

I am interested in front facing camera, GPS/navigation, radio and backup camera. Everything else is just bloat and is bound to slow the performance. I will stay with the Waze, DVR and radio. I intend to delete everything else except those, browser and google play.

I look forward tomhearing your experience with this unit.

I used 2 Class 10 64GB cards. Formatted both in the head unit. I updated the firmware and MCU with files from the Pyle site. I had been using Waze for the GPS. I downloaded the maps and application that you referenced from the Pyle tech support. That app takes 10 minutes to launch which renders it useless for most of my in town travel. I intend on deleting it and it’s huge maps. I also deleted the weather app. It was garbage. Never had right information displayed. I will probably delete eveything else to see if it will become fast enough to be usable.

I have reduced the frame rate for the forward facing camera to 10 frames per second to see if performance would improve. I have not had a chance to look at the recorded stream to see if quality is any better.

I am interested in front facing camera, GPS/navigation, radio and backup camera. Everything else is just bloat and is bound to slow the performance. I will stay with the Waze, DVR and radio. I intend to delete everything else except those, browser and google play.

I look forward tomhearing your experience with this unit.

I didn't even download it. I still use google maps, it seems to work for me. I got rid of the weather, IGo, and IE. It took me awhile to get the rear camera working. The book left out some steps like you need to connect the red wire attached to the yellow RCA cable for the camera to the brown wire on the unit. You also need to connect that same wire on the other end along with the positive from the reverse lights or you get NO SIGNAL.
I was trying to access the system settings in the settings and it wants a numerical pass code of which I don't have.
I still haven't been able to find an OBDII app that will see my Foseal OBDII blue tooth module. The module works with my S5 so I know it is good. The blue tooth setting finds it and shows Disconnect. The Blue tooth on it does work because I connect both my phone and Ipod. both of those ask for the 4 digit pass code to pair but it doesn't ask with the OBDII.
I wonder why they put a security code to enter system settings. I guess I could hack it, but it would be easier to have it. If anyone finds out how get in, please let me know. I've googled and found nothing.

Good Morning All,

I am lost I suppose, I downloaded the firmware update for my PYLE PLDNANDVR 695 to my computer and unzipped the files to the sd. I then put the cards in the head unit and it knocked out the bluetooth. Now they want me to send it in for repair. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

Good Morning All,

I am lost I suppose, I downloaded the firmware update for my PYLE PLDNANDVR 695 to my computer and unzipped the files to the sd. I then put the cards in the head unit and it knocked out the bluetooth. Now they want me to send it in for repair. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

Have you tried rebooting or resetting the head unit? And if the BT is still non-functional after that, then returning it for repair or replacement service is required.

Have you tried rebooting or resetting the head unit? And if the BT is still non-functional after that, then returning it for repair or replacement service is required.
Yes, more than I can count. Pyle needs to fix the update it is obviously a corrupt file.

Thank you,
Yes I have, multiple times. I have reinstalled the update multiple times, I have pulled it and checked all wiring and connections. I did manage to get the factory settings code but, it did not give me any insight.

Back
Top Bottom