• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Q]Multitasking in Android, bit difficulty

aKp1

I am having MicroMaX A57, rooted and it's pretty fast with 1ghz processor!! It has 256 mb of ram and 190 mb usable ram!! Now what the problem is that I use Slick as chat app and operamini browser!! Now suppose am browsing or chatting and suddenly an sms or call pops up and I attend it and then if I go back to operamini using the default taskmanager by long pressing home button! But it begins from the beginning that is the default homepage of operamini similarly in slick I minimize it and then go back to slick, it would be disconnected!! What to do?? Is there any thing I can do about it!! It really frustrates!! Pz help guys!!

converting these apps to system-app using link-to-sd or any other tool may stop the task manager from killing them.

K I will try doing that!! But of how many apps and games should I do that?? I mean that suppose am browsing and simultaneously n7 player playing some music and if I switch to n7 for changing track and then again switch over to browsing, it would be all gone, I have to begin everything again!! Does this generally happens with all androids or just problem with my phone?? Thanx for ur reply!!

I am using holo launcher! Does that make a difference? And one more thing, I am having 35mb free in my phone memory and I can't install a 19mb Game and that too on my sdcard! It says not enough memory! What does that mean?

I too am facing the same problem. I have tried the link2sd method, didnt really help thou. my browser still starts with the home page and the previous page is no longer there.

I have moved this thread back into the Android Lounge. Hopefully it will get the help it deserves. I will try and get some other Guides to look at this too.

Thanks for being so patient.

Well the problem I can see is that it has too little RAM for proper multitasking. Even my 2 year old phone has twice as much RAM as that.

The apps you are using gets unloaded from RAM pretty quickly.

Well the problem I can see is that it has too little RAM for proper multitasking. Even my 2 year old phone has twice as much RAM as that.

The apps you are using gets unloaded from RAM pretty quickly.

Damn, this guy is good....

Just a little bit to add. For android to multitask, it stores the processes in active RAM so they can be recalled quickly. As you use new RAM by switching to a different app, android has to free up the memory to run that program. If there isn't enough available, it kills off an app.

Long story short, know what you're buying. 256mb is literally nothing. Even low end phones now launch with 1gb.

Ok, so I got the answer that's because the ram! So can that increasing ram thing by using swapper help me out cuz I'm upto it! Soon I'll try that and post my results here! 1 more thing, I have had long been with symbian! And with 256 mb of ram in my Nokia 500 I can play a game simultaneously use slick, opera, and even message or call but it never back down and I am habituated to it! I guess need to adjust to this change! Thank

The Nokia 500 uses a different system, and is running a different sort of app. Android is newer and runs better graphics and all of that kinds of things. Basically its the same reason why Windows XP can run on a single core Pentium 4 with no lags, but Windows 7 can't even run properly on it. Its because the newer system needs more powerful hardware and more RAM so it can do everything else that makes it better.

Back
Top Bottom