• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help QI chargers

thequeenscheese

Android Expert
Hi does anyone know the mechanics of how they work?, I've just bought a Sony xsp n1bt head unit but I need to add wirless charging to my galaxy s5 in theory should any of the qi charging Addons work when fitted inside my phone?

thanks?

Qi is a standard, so if your XFP N1BT unit supports it and you install one of those add-on charging receiver coils in your S5 - it should work (they are dirt cheap). Basically, you have a transmitter coil in your head unit and need to install receiver coil on your phone for conductive charging (electric field generated from Tx side and absorbed by Rx side, in a very primitive terms).

Qi is a standard, so if your XFP N1BT unit supports it and you install one of those add-on charging receiver coils in your S5 - it should work (they are dirt cheap). Basically, you have a transmitter coil in your head unit and need to install receiver coil on your phone for conductive charging (electric field generated from Tx side and absorbed by Rx side, in a very primitive terms).
this is what I thought but wanted to double check it doesn't matter which I purchased thanks..

Back
Top Bottom