• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about downloads

htmlcssguru

Jun 28, 2010
I'm continually running low on storage space so I'm looking at things that can be eliminated that aren't being used. If I go to all apps then Downloads it shows me list of child of which are .apk types. I'm assuming these are inactive files that were originally downloaded by the market or perhaps some other means for the purpose of installing app or something similar? so I'm wondering if its safe to delete these or are they active files? Or, are they just the remnants of other activities and expendable?

I'm continually running low on storage space so I'm looking at things that can be eliminated that aren't being used. If I go to all apps then Downloads it shows me list of child of which are .apk types. I'm assuming these are inactive files that were originally downloaded by the market or perhaps some other means for the purpose of installing app or something similar? so I'm wondering if its safe to delete these or are they active files? Or, are they just the remnants of other activities and expendable?

This is the list of apps (.apk) that have been downloadded to your phone.

Most of these apps "should" be deleteable.
If not you can root your phone and delete "safe" apps with root explorer. Check out the all things root forum, start a thread and ask away! I'm sure someone over there will be happy to help you figure all this stuff out. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones