• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about jelly bean

candroid11

When I was watching the Google i/o one of the features they demonstrated in jelly bean was the ability to reply to emails and text messages directly from the notifications bar without needing to open the app that performs these tasks. I can't seem to get either of my devices to do this. I have a nexus s and nexus 7. Both are updated to jelly bean. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Is the notification you're trying to reply to first in the list? If so, it should work.

If it's not first, drag down on the notification with two fingers and the reply option should appear.

Note: I don't have jelly bean, I'm just assuming it should work.

Candroid, Welcome to AF,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site, :ciao:

Is the notification you're trying to reply to first in the list? If so, it should work.

If it's not first, drag down on the notification with two fingers and the reply option should appear.

Note: I don't have jelly bean, I'm just assuming it should work.

Yes it is first in the list. I will try 2 fingers next time I get a notification if I remember to. It's not really natural since I just use one finger. I'll see if that makes a difference.

I can't even get the notifications bar to come down when I use two fingers, so that can't be the way to activate this feature. I'm really disappointed that this isn't possible since they were showing it off at the i/o

I can't even get the notifications bar to come down when I use two fingers, so that can't be the way to activate this feature. I'm really disappointed that this isn't possible since they were showing it off at the i/o
My understanding is that you pull down the notification bar with one finger, then when you want to respond to one of those notifications right then, you have to expand the notification with two fingers (the actual notification, not the notification bar), and then it will give you the option to respond. Look at you tube videos of the way they demonstrated it.

My understanding is that you pull down the notification bar with one finger, then when you want to respond to one of those notifications right then, you have to expand the notification with two fingers (the actual notification, not the notification bar), and then it will give you the option to respond. Look at you tube videos of the way they demonstrated it.

I just sent an email to myself to try this. It didn't work. Expanding with two fingers gave me more information (it showed the message) but there were no options to reply like there are in the video posted above ^

I have no idea why it won't work for you. It works perfectly fine for me on 4.2.2 so I don't really know what you could do.

Back
Top Bottom