• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about roms for Motorola Bravo

I just got my Bravo this week and it's my first Android phone. I rooted the phone using SuperOneClick and I want to install a different rom on it (don't want to use Moto Blur). What are my options? I couldn't find any to download after several searches so is it possible that this phone is too new?

I don't know too much about custom roms since I have never rooted anything in my life (even my plants don't take root, so my husband does the gardening) but you might have better luck in the "all things root" section of the forum.
Also, there are several brilliant moderators, and guides here that understand root quite well. Try EarlyMon (he's one of the mods here). I know he roots all of his phones, and is so helpful on these forums with this sort of thing. Good luck!

OK, here's the deal, you can probably root the Bravo, but as far as custom roms, Motorola uses signed and encrypted bootloaders, the Defy, Bravo, Atrix, Cliq ... etc are all locked with their stock roms. (for now) the hacker community is working on it but as of now there has been minimal progress.

As I said though they can be rooted pretty easily using the Super One Click (do a search for it here or on XDA) and that allows sideloading apps from outside the market as well as using them for tethering.

Have fun.

HOw do you flash phone with this ROM? I get the "e-signature error" when trying to update from SD card. I have root my device with Superclick. OK I found tut it says to use bootstap into recovery. Ill give it a go thank you.

Back
Top Bottom