• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question for people who transferred Evo... Voicemail Glitch?

unwallflower

Jun 1, 2010
I posted about this a while ago when I first noticed it because I thought it was funny... now it's sort of annoying.

I used my dad's upgrade to get the Evo on launch day. Bought it on his line and transferred it to mine. Now whenever he calls me, instead of saying "Firstname Lastname", it says "Voicemail".

Obviously my voicemail is not calling me. His number still shows up on the incoming call screen.

Same thing happens when I call him. It says I'm calling my voicemail.

My ACTUAL voicemail works just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've ignored his calls a few times without thinking.

I posted about this a while ago when I first noticed it because I thought it was funny... now it's sort of annoying.

I used my dad's upgrade to get the Evo on launch day. Bought it on his line and transferred it to mine. Now whenever he calls me, instead of saying "Firstname Lastname", it says "Voicemail".

Obviously my voicemail is not calling me. His number still shows up on the incoming call screen.

Same thing happens when I call him. It says I'm calling my voicemail.

My ACTUAL voicemail works just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've ignored his calls a few times without thinking.

Go into your People... Do you have a Voicemail contact? if so change it to your number. I am not sure if this is the fix but I am checking some other settings too. Also go into Menu then Settings then Call and check your Voicemail settings there

Reactions: unwallflower
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones