• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question Is the One V worth getting?

wrath_00

I'm thinking about getting the One V. Is there any signal issues with this phone? I'm leaving the Optimus Elite due to signal issues always stuck in 2g or fluctuating 3g or no signal. A known problem with the phone. And want a good solid phone. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I actually liked my optimus elite a little better than the one v. Display is nicer on the HTC but my GPS signal and 3g actually seem worse. HTC has also become very slow. This is all stock.

I'm about to root and flash the one v and I'm hoping it will make it usable.

I have had mine for 8 months now. It's starting to slow down in performance. Had to reboot it in order for it to work again. Best to wait for something better.

I got really frustrated with this phone over the weekend with the utter slowness. I'm beginning to wonder now about Virgin Mobiles signal strenght too. Is it all due the phone, or is it the signal too?

If you are connected to wireless in your home, and you don't travel much, this phone and Virgin Mobile are OK. (In B'ham Alabama). But if you travel, that's a different story.

I pay $45 + tax for this phone plan. And I paid $99 for the phone. I'm still not willing to pay $85 to Verizon and $$$ for a phone and enter into a contract for their phone. But I'm getting ready to shop to see what else is out there.

The LG Optimus V that I had before was faster than this phone. The only reason I had to leave it was because of low internal memory. Frustrating is my mood. Can you tell? :)

Depends on what you are upgrading from. In my opinion..the lg optimus v blows this piece of sense bloated sh*t away. Rom dev stinks with an assload of unfinished broken roms with only campy sense mods to fall back on and the battery life is garbage on sense. Skip this phone and get something else.

Stick with the Elite given it has one huge advantage over the HTC and thats actually removing the battery.Elite is a psp HTC is a psp go once the batt dies your done lmfao

Depends on what you are upgrading from. In my opinion..the lg optimus v blows this piece of sense bloated sh*t away. Rom dev stinks with an assload of unfinished broken roms with only campy sense mods to fall back on and the battery life is garbage on sense. Skip this phone and get something else.

I have a different experience.

The OpV, true, has a lot of development. Talking about custom ROMs, easily there are over 50s. I have yet to see any low ends smart phone get close to that number. However, I dump Op V for HTC One for 1 app: skype.

Op V cons:

1) Skype: I have tried close to 20+ custom ROM on the Op V, all but one has skype issue. The audio is stuttering/drop words/cannot turn on speaker. The only custom ROM that works smoothly on skype is ilikechick123 iphone UI customROM.
2) most ics/jb ROMs have issues, some are serious and some are less serious.
3) Well, that leave you with Floyo or Gingerbread, both have issues with some apps that will run your Op V hot to touch and battery goes belly up right after. Some said it is the Floyo/Gingerbread, and some said it is the apps, whatever, I have NOT been able to get away from this. Had my Op V run hot and belly up at least once a week. I maybe able to sort it out if I devote more time to the Op V. I decide to take the easy way out, marry to another smart phone, the One V (or Galaxy Reverb maybe)
4) battery 'leak'. just sitting in the drawer, the phone die after 24hrs, whether use or not use.

HTC One V PROS:

1) starts with 4.0.3,
2) skype works flawlessly,
3) built-in FM radio, a real radio that does not need any cellular or wifi, just like an old fashion FM radio.
That is where I made my choice.

I think the Op V is the most tinkable smartphone I have encountered. I still have it. But my daily phone is now HTC One V, maybe Galaxy Reverb in the future if I figure out how to snap on some CMW/TWRP.

I have HTC One V running stock ROM, rooted TWRP(?), tether, ready to play; I have yet encounter any hot battery or Skype problems. Ownership 3 months and I did not upgrade to anything, still running the stock ROM came with as I read the upgrade made your choice of customROM much limited.

So far, in my VM stocks that I have used over 2 - 3 wks AND still in my possession, this is my order of favorite:

Galaxy Reverb (4.1.2) > HTC One V (4.0.3) >> Motorola Triumph (2.3.7) > Op V (2.3.7) > Kyocera Rise (4.0.4?) >> Op Slider (2.3.4).

Umm... never realize VM already made a bunch of $ from me :)

Oh yes, the Reverb was sitting in the drawer for 3 month, till Galaxy sent the jb upgrade last week, and is now going to come to life soon...

Just my 2 cents

bun

I just switched back to virgin and picked up a one new at wally world. This is my first charge on the phone.

I'm happy

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372213734754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372213734754.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 94
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372213754053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372213754053.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom