• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question - Motorola vs. Nexus

shalemail

Android Expert
So I have been pondering, I wanted my Nexus 6 because I wanted the specifications. Specifically 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805, 3220 mAh battery, wireless charging and of course made by Motorola. I was not so interested in the "open nature" of the platform, hence my being ok with buying a locked down version from AT&T. Those specs are the reason I got the N6 and not the new Moto X.

BUT ....

As I said, I was pondering, dreaming if you will, of a different world. One in which a Motorola made Nexus 6 that is essentially a bloated Moto X 2014, could be made into just that, a big Moto X. You know the Motorola experiences that include Moto Voice, Moto Display, Moto Actions, Moto Assist, and the rest. I kinda miss my Moto Voice, and Moto Assist is pretty sweet. Could a rooted N6 be made to emulate the Moto X? Or an even deeper thought - do you think Google/Motorola will someday allow the apps to be installed on the N6 from the play store?

Discuss...

Back
Top Bottom