• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I did search around and couldn't find an answer to this on the forums.

My trackball crapped out for the 3rd time this past weekend on my BB Tour. I'm not up for an early upgrade until November 1. After explaining to the Verizon rep that I didn't want another BB, he offered me a free Eris (I was still under warranty). I understand that there are newer and better Android phones available, but I figured I could play with the Eris until November.

Does anyone know if it will ship with OS 2.1 installed or will it come with 1.5?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've been nosing around here for a couple of days. I did find the thread you mentioned... LOTS of useful information! Coming from a Blackberry, a lot of it doesn't make complete sense to me just yet because I have yet to receive the phone. It will be very helpful when I actually have the phone in my hands tomorrow.

From what I've been reading, I hope it does ship with 2.1 just for the voice navigation aspect. It doesn't look too difficult to upgrade and root even if it does ship with 1.5. I'm familiar with leaked OS's and rooting/jailbreaking, just not on the android system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones