• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about Gallery Apt

markdoc

Android Expert
A question about the Gallery app.
It keeps saving tpictures from things I've never seen. They are mainly cartoonish pictures that look like they came from games or ads. Is there any way to keep this from happening? Thanks

It's probably not the gallery app saving things, but some other app saving things and them showing up in the gallery (because that will show any images it find anywhere on the phone). Have you checked which folder these images are actually stored in? It may be something unhelpful like "Downloads", but there's a chance that the location will help identify what is doing it.

It's probably not the gallery app saving things, but some other app saving things and them showing up in the gallery (because that will show any images it find anywhere on the phone). Have you checked which folder these images are actually stored in? It may be something unhelpful like "Downloads", but there's a chance that the location will help identify what is doing it.
Thanks for the tip. I checked and they are all in "UnityAdsCache". So they are from the ads in a game. And I know which game. If I put the .nomedia file in that folder and I it worked as far as the Gallery app. Of coarse the pictures are still on my phone. So I found an app that cleans out the caches on my phone and it does clean out these ads also. So again, thanks for the tip that got me started.

Back
Top Bottom