• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions on Android Sqlite

Hello,

As a background, I've gone through free tutorials many years back but they taught me very basic / elementary items on how to use and navigate through the Android development tool. To worsen the situation, no one in stackoverflow can answer as that seems for high level professionals, not a beginner like me. The android development team won't help as they are handling the android tool itself. They stated they do not handle java. So I've no choice but to come here, hoping someone knows something.

I recently found useful and up-to-date tutorials about how to create Sqlite on Android but still, the tutorial teaches the whats, not the hows. That means if can only follow that specific example but can't write my own. The link clearly shows that a DBAdapter is not required. This surprises me as the android documentation clearly mentions the adapter, saying it is required. So does anyone know about this? Could you advice on every step as I'm not an expert?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones