• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

questions regarding Google TV

crow11ad

Android Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2009
Ok I am really looking forward to google tv. But I do have some questions. Yes you can search for shows and presto there it is...great. But what about local tv? Has anyone heard if there will be a way to get your local tv with out cable/satellite?

What I would love to do is this. My wife watches tv in the bedroom and some times the news. I would love to convince her that we do not need in our case Uverse. We will keep the Uverse internet, but the local channels she does watch. She also loves the dvr. So does anyone have any suggestions on how to convince her we will not need Uverse tv, how to get the local channels and how to convince about local channels.

Does anyone know if there is / will be a way to stream videos from a network share or (if this can work) to even to a connected USB drive? (there are 2 USB ports)

Also, I know his is meant to be connected to a cable/satellite box, but in the future if I decide to cancel my U-Verse and just sign up with Netflix and Hulu or something like that.. this box will still work right? Or does it *have* have a satellite/cable box?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones