• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick way to toggle ambient display on off?

dan55

Android Expert
hi,
Was hoping there was way to turn off ambient say at night using schedule or a toggle at least .. but can’t seem to find one :/

Thanks
Dan

I just have it set to wake with a double tap, but don't leave it on full time.

TBH I make so little use of it that I had to test just now to see whether it was still like that or whether I'd turned off completely. I guess this teaches me empirically that ambient/always-on displays are not a useful feature for me.

:D yes I guess it does ...I’ve been using glimpse on my Sony for a while but wanted to try and stick with the ambient style for the px2
...did have a look at tasker using tasker tools but seem to have to use adb...can’t be bothered with that right now :D

....having a look at notific app that does its own style of AO screen

Thanks
Dan

I generally just turn the phone face-down when I don't want to look at the ambient display. The proximity sensor will automatically turn off the display when it is covered.

hi ... it does? :/ .... i did wonder actually :D ... mine must be turned off by default then i guess
....the app does allow app specific colour changes which is quite cool ... if you are into notifications that it :)
ta

ah ha! found setting ... but seems a bit hit and miss (mainly miss) re working ... works for a third party app but not for new sms or missed call :/

Last edited:
Can't remember missed calls but mine works fine for new SMS. Mind you I don't use Google's app for those, so I have more notification options.

trying out Lightflow led app .... used to use it all the time on sammy ... seems to do the biz :)

Back
Top Bottom