• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

quick way to toggle flight mode?

dan55

Android Expert
hi guys,
is there a shortcut way to toggle flight mode and always on etc?
rather than digging around in settings :-\
thanks
dan

Depending on your phone and Android version you may be able to pull your 'window pane' (notification bar/area) down, then down again to gain access to some quick settings. A double swipe down.

I can on my Moto X (2nd gen) running stock Lollipop. It's a nice little feature.

I thought maybe op was talking about doing these things from the watch?

In that case some watch settings can be changed by tasker autowear plugin. To launch the associated tasker task from the watch, you need an so that supports tasker shortcuts. Example:watchmaker watchfaces, Also I think others like pujei black allow that. Also wear tasker can be handy for accessing tasker tasks from watch. Its more helpfulif you know tasker to begin with.

If not through a watch- there may be a 'power widget' in your stored widgets. If its not there you can download a toggle app where you can place a single icon on desktop and tag airplane mode. Lastly, you can download a launcher that will allow you to toggle Airplane mode with a simple touch gesture. I think Nova Launcher is one that allows this.

:D ah yes sorry for the confusion guys - yes im talking about actually on my 360 watch ;)
was hoping I could do it through either my custom watch face, or Apollo launcher - but cant see options for it :/
cheers
dan

On Apollo:
Swipe from LLHC to center brings up to watch screen brightness slider.
Then swipe that watch brightness screen right-to-left and you get three phone controls: ringer volume, media volume and wifi. But that's it, no airplane mode from there. You probably knew all this already.

Notification toggle:
If you want more setting toggles (but don't want to mess with the complicated approach of tasker linked with those other apps above!),, an easier way is notification toggles ap by j4velin. It has almost any toggle you can imagine (including airplane mode). The toggles are primarily designed for your phone pulldown shade, but you can put them on your watch too. Open the notification toggle app on your phone. Keep swiping right to left in that app (in your phone) until you get to the end. That screen has a button labeled "android wear". Check the boxes of the controls you want on your watch there. Then launch the app on your watch. Swipe right-to-left and you'll see all your toggles (one toggle per watch screen…. nice and big and easy to see).

Ah, sorry, you've been misunderstood again! My bad.

notification toggle is a pretty slick app for toggling phone settings from watch. But not for watch settings from watch.

ok, one more try: quick access of watch settings from the watch:

1. Tasker plug autowear plus an application to launch a tasker task from your watch (like watchmaker or most other watchfaces, also wear tasker or notification toggle or lots more).
    1. That is limited by the ability of autowear to manipulate the watch.
      1. The only things I recall it can do is turn screen on/off, keep screen on (for a specified period of time after which it reverts to your normal), or adjust brightness). It won't do flight mode.
    2. I do have two handy functions set up on my watch face using this:
      1. custom brightness boost which goes to max brightnesss for 15 seconds (the built in 3 seconds is not enough to do anything).
      2. Keep screen on for 30 seconds, then revert to normal screen timeout behavior.
    3. The disadvantages:
      1. it can be a little complicated if you haven't used tasker before
      2. it can only change limited things as mentioned above (1.1.1)
  2. Completely different approach - You can always put a shortcut to settings on your watchface (the stock settings can be launched like any other watch app). That may save you a few swipes getting where you want to go, especially if settings is not in one of your 3 recents at the top of the app list when you swipe right to left once from the homescreen.

Back
Top Bottom