• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random numbers are missing when my phone connects via Bluetooth in my BMW 335i

I've seen a lot of threads related to this issue ... but I've yet to find a solution. I have a 2008 BMW 335i and I'm connecting my Galaxy Nexus (Android version 4.0.4). I use GMail for contacts (and mail) and sync (via IMAP) with Outlook (on a PC), and iPad, and the Galaxy Nexus. I have 1100 contacts and many of them have multiple telephone numbers.

When I connect the Nexus to my car it brings in LOTS of contacts but seems to miss some contacts completely or just certain numbers from some contacts. What's REALLY weird is that the car seems to know that the contacts are there because when I get a call from one of the numbers that doesn't show up in my list of contacts in the car ... the car actually DOES show me the right contact info for the person calling.

I've tried tons of fixes. I was thinking that it might have something to do with more than one contact having the same number (e.g., my kids and my wife all have the same home number) but that doesn't seems to have fixed the problem completely.

I'd LOVE some help. Let me know if more information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Steve

So I just got a new Galaxy S5 and had hoped that the problem would go away ... it didn't.

My current thought is that the BMW is limiting the number of phone numbers that it can display. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE?

It's very strange ... if I search for my wife's number in the A-Z phone book it's not there. If, however, she calls me, or if I manually dial her number, then the display shows me that I've called my wife using the proper name from her contact in my phone.

I'd love some help on this if anyone has an idea!

Thanks,
Steve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones