• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Outgoing Calls?

Hey Guys,
I'm not a Droid Razr owner, but am posting this on behalf of a friend who is... I swayed him away from an iPhone and until last Saturday, he was loving his Razr.

About 2 in the morning, his phone, which was plugged in and sitting in his living room, started making random outgoing calls. His wife (on assignment in saint louis) got freaked out coz she got the calls and no one was saying anything on the other line, called me, called the cops etc and it was a big ole mess.

Not only was it making outgoing calls, but i texted / called him and the phone would call back on its own!

When my friend called Verizon, they said it was a known issue, and they were "looking into it"...

has anybody else experienced this? i think he should ask for a phone replacement... and the experience has (understandably) soured him and he's thinking of going iPhone.

HELP!

Hey Guys,
I'm not a Droid Razr owner, but am posting this on behalf of a friend who is... I swayed him away from an iPhone and until last Saturday, he was loving his Razr.

About 2 in the morning, his phone, which was plugged in and sitting in his living room, started making random outgoing calls. His wife (on assignment in saint louis) got freaked out coz she got the calls and no one was saying anything on the other line, called me, called the cops etc and it was a big ole mess.

Not only was it making outgoing calls, but i texted / called him and the phone would call back on its own!

When my friend called Verizon, they said it was a known issue, and they were "looking into it"...

has anybody else experienced this? i think he should ask for a phone replacement... and the experience has (understandably) soured him and he's thinking of going iPhone.

HELP!

Had Android since day one over 2 years ago and love it. My razr has worked flawless. No battery issues, nothing. If you type in google "iPhone random calls" you will see problems there too. Iphones aren't an answer to everything, actually since using a 4s for 1 month, I'd say they aren't an answer for anything. Unless you prefer a tiny screen, no 4g, and no expandable memory, which to me wasn't positive things.

Had Android since day one over 2 years ago and love it. My razr has worked flawless. No battery issues, nothing. If you type in google "iPhone random calls" you will see problems there too. Iphones aren't an answer to everything, actually since using a 4s for 1 month, I'd say they aren't an answer for anything. Unless you prefer a tiny screen, no 4g, and no expandable memory, which to me wasn't positive things.

thanks... maybe i misstated... not so much looking for whether iphone does this or not :-)

Was looking more to see if anyone had this issue and whether there were any fixes for it...

Is there any chance this friend has installed some apps on the phone from outside the Android Market? This seems like the behavior of malicious apps. I'd have him do a hard reset, then see if the problem occurs again without any apps installed.

i can check, though from what I know, he's just getting started w/android and doesn't know how to sideload apps... anything he has he's gotten from the market. i'll check w/him though.

Back
Top Bottom