• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random reboots

wooky69

Android Enthusiast
I've had a couple of random reboots over the last few days. Could it be a recent app update? Should I try cleaning the cache partition?

Ideas.

Thanks

Well a "stability update" arrived from Moto today and I've cleared the cache so we'll see :)

Well annoyingly I went for 18 days without a restart then in the last 12 hours it's rebooted itself twice :(

Do you voluntarily reboot on your own at least once a day? Continuous uptime can have an adverse effect on phones, computers etc.

Mission critical servers etc. boast of continuous uptime. But their hardware, monitoring, maintenance & servicing are many multitudes of what individuals can do.

Do you voluntarily reboot on your own at least once a day? Continuous uptime can have an adverse effect on phones, computers etc.

Mission critical servers etc. boast of continuous uptime. But their hardware, monitoring, maintenance & servicing are many multitudes of what individuals can do.
While I agree with what you're saying to a point I'd expect a stock modern phone not to need a reboot every day.

I might clear the cache etc

Really? I never had to reboot my S3 or S5 more than once s month and they hardly ever crashed. My wife's Moto G3 has been ticking along for 1600 hours and is still swift.

Ok, I'll lower my expectations a little ;)
I'm still going to aim for my reboot cycle to be longer than one charge cycle :)

It takes 30 seconds to reboot. In the past I've owned the same phone as others I rebooted once a day & after updates. They did not. After 6mos or longer more times than not their phones had random problems mine did not.

Back
Top Bottom