• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random white bar on screen

A

Android Question

Hi guys, i have a galaxy tab s 10.5. Theres a smallish white bar at the top of my screen and i dont know what it does. If i touch it my device vibrates shortley and it dissapears for a second or two. I cant swipe down my notification panel from that area either. IT DOES NOTHING! its mote irritating not knowing what it does then anything else so not a big issue.

Obviously as soon as i want to send a screen shot it dissapears for a week or two. Just came back now. Didnt change anything on tab. Just plugged it in to charge and switched it on. Heres a screenshot. Right at top in middle. Its like a deadspace that when clicked on goes away for a few seconds.

Screenshot_2015-01-14-17-50-57.png
dont mind the open app onscreen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-14-17-50-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-17-50-57.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
Kinda looks like the overscroll effect, although I don't seem to have that in the Play Store, and even if I did I'm fairly certain it doesn't appear on the status bar.

Is the bar always there?

Bar is in every app and on home screen. But like i said above it went away for over a week now and then my tablet died i put it on charge, started it up and it was back.

That is an odd anomaly. Something I've not seen or can reproduce. It almost looks like a light bleed which isn't possible with an amoled screen. I'm stumped. If you can't pull it down and it does nothing when clicked it's not likely a notification and is something else entirely. I wish I had something to offer.

Back
Top Bottom