• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help RAZR MAXX Keeps Crashing

moveweight

It seems like ever since the last ota update for jellybean i think in janurary for verizon my phone has been freezing and poping up to send error reports for apps like facebook and messenger and a bunch of apps and now i turned on the phone today and its like it wiped itself and it wont mount the sd card which is a 32gb class 10 samsung sd card which is only a few months old, all my pics are gone as well.. What should I do??
:confused:
4.1.2 Jelly Bean
I had the cache cleaner app and it would always pop up saying your system is user over 90% of memory,,
is the phones 1gb of ram not enough or something? i dont have many apps installed at all and no games.

I originally thought kitkat was going to be released for this phone but now I am seeing it will not... :/ I paid alot for this phone this sucks
But this thing is slowwwwwwwwwwww and extremely glitchy.

I would suggest that you try the card in a computer to see if it will pick up your pictures. Use Matlgroff's jelly bean utility to reset my phone to .16. Immediately take the OTA, then go back to the utility to root your device, if you like. The Android Market will remember all your apps that you loaded or purchased.

Welcome to Android Forums.

Is your phone root-ed?

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after upgrading to Jelly Bean? It is highly recommended for any major system upgrade (like ICS to JB or JB to KK).

... Thom

Welcome to Android Forums.

Is your phone root-ed?

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after upgrading to Jelly Bean? It is highly recommended for any major system upgrade (like ICS to JB or JB to KK).

... Thom

it wasnt rooted but i did root recently.. its like its not showing all of my memory either.. its like not showing my 32gb sd card and only shows my phone has like 3gb memory lol?1

I would suggest that you try the card in a computer to see if it will pick up your pictures. Use Matlgroff's jelly bean utility to reset my phone to .16. Immediately take the OTA, then go back to the utility to root your device, if you like. The Android Market will remember all your apps that you loaded or purchased.

i googled and looked on xda the file that came up
DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)
(Last edited by mattlgroff; 15th March 2013
is this the latest version of the utility for the latest ota update on the xt912?

i googled and looked on xda the file that came up
DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)
(Last edited by mattlgroff; 15th March 2013
is this the latest version of the utility for the latest ota update on the xt912?

That's the one! You will need to take the OTA after, utility only does .16. But don't worry. The root in the utility will still work the same on .165. I'd've linked you to it, but it's been a while and I lost the link. Wasn't worried 'cause I saved the utility

That's the one! You will need to take the OTA after, utility only does .16. But don't worry. The root in the utility will still work the same on .165. I'd've linked you to it, but it's been a while and I lost the link. Wasn't worried 'cause I saved the utility

do i need to format my sd or anything. i want the phone back to factory like new

After you are absolutely positive there are no retrievable pictures on the SD card, the phone can do that after it is reformatted. The internal SD partition you should check first before formatting because some things may be hidden there. It will show up as a separate drive when you plug the phone into the computer via USB.

After you are absolutely positive there are no retrievable pictures on the SD card, the phone can do that after it is reformatted. The internal SD partition you should check first before formatting because some things may be hidden there. It will show up as a separate drive when you plug the phone into the computer via USB.

ok i bought a brand new Sandisk Extreme

SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHSI Class U1 Memory Card SDSDQX-032G-A46A - Best Buy

it has 80 MB/SEC transfer speed and class 10, going to replace my old samsung class 10 that is around like 20 mb/sec i believe, what is the best way to make sure all my data is backed up from the phone, I want to just do a FULL Wipe of the phone to make it like it is brand new and fix the partition because somehow the partition is not the right size on the phone or the sd card either.. What is best route to back everything up data wise? any programs?

Any luck?
I was convinced by my wife to take the iPhone (5s) plunge... what a mistake. I think I know why these phones tend to be glitchy, especially after a couple years - asking as much out of these device's as we (I) do, I am constantly on my phone, utilizing it for work - so it tends to slow up real quick. (I just bought an iPad mini, sold my iPhone, and anticipate getting an s4 or s5- just unsure which way to go just yet)
I was hopeful after using my iPhone for 7 weeks that switching back to this maxx wouldn't be too painful, but... it kinda is.
So, my question for u is, have you found a solution?
Does anyone rely on their RAZR as much as I? I'm due to upgrade, just not sure if the s5 is really worth it - they seem like the same hardware as the latest s4

Back
Top Bottom