• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Readers Hub App??

tablet2011

Mar 3, 2011
Macclesfield UK
I was a friends tablet the other day which had Android 3.2 on it(he cant update it for some reason) and it had a App called Readers Hub which he say was pre installed when he got it.

i have looked in Play store and there is a App called Readers Hub but its not the one he has installed as there was no papers from the UK on the one i found but there are on his one and on his one he pays a monthly fee to use it,

So does anyone know anything about this Readers Hub he has on his and why its not showing in play store?

A manufacturer proprietary stock app that came with the device itself? In which case it's unlikely to be found in the Play Store.

You could try Google Newsstand, that's got UK papers in it I think.
https://play.google.com/store/newsstand
Although if it's compatible with 3.2 Honeycomb, I have no idea. Also 3.2, that's quite an old device now, and if it's a budget Chinese something or other, it's very unlikely to have any updates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones