• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reason Call Recorder Aps Don't work with Motorola?

SLOFLYER

Lurker
I haven't been able to find a call recorder ap that works with my Motorola Droid X2. If I did find one that actually works, it would be nice to have the feature like on Google Voice when you hit the record button it make the announcement that the conversation is being recorded for legal reasons. I read in a previous thread that the reason these aps don't work on my phone is "Motorola doesn't include all standard Android functions in the libaudio.so file." Does anyone know if this is correct and this might be the reason I can't find an ap that actually works?

Welcome to AF! :)

I believe call recording is enabled at kernel level so you'd need a kernel that supports it. The kernel I use for my DHD, the dev offers 2 versions, one with 2 way call recording enabled and one without.

Not sure about the Droid X2 specifically, but you might want to check the Droid X2 subforums, see if any of the guys there can offer any advice: Motorola Droid X2 - Android Forums

I can move your post there if you like?

I am having the same issue with not being able to find a call recorder that is compatible with my motorola droid x2. Is there a quick fix for this? Please help...I'm not tech savy.

Back