• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rebooting and getting stuck at Dell Logo

nb_mitch

Android Enthusiast
About a month ago I started having issues with apps like Google Maps, Browser when on 3G network, no issue when on wifi. The device would blink a few times and then reboot. Sometimes it would get stuck on the Dell logo and not complete the reboot, sometimes it would reboot after a few minutes. I would normally have to pull the battery to get it fixed. The last week it has got allot worse, failing anytime I accessed data and then last night when on the phone with At&t it failed again and took 90 minutes of constant reboots to finally reboot. I did a soft factory refresh and then a hard refresh and nothing helped the issue.

I called Dell and they are sending me a new device, hopefully it will arrive in 2-5 days.

After I got off the phone with Dell yesterday afternoon about 4pm, they told me my replacement device would be here in 2-5 days. Before noon today, FedEx showed up with my new phone.

I put my sim, data card, battery in the new device, logged on entered my gmail address and my wifi password and I was off. I have never had a device re-sync so easy. All my contacts were immediately downloaded and I went into the market and all of my apps started downloading automatically. When it was over I had about 12 apps that didn't automatically load. I added them to my list in AppBrain and resynced again and all was done. My calendar entries were still there, all my music was still there. I just had to clean the home pages and re-add my apps the way I like it and enter my K9 mail info and I was up and running again.

I am Streaking again and love it. :D

Back
Top Bottom