• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommend a wireless charger for S7 Edge?

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
I'm trying to decide whether to get a wireless charger for my S7 Edge. I have looked at a few options but can't seem to find one that meets my requirements. Reviews often mention a noise when charging which, as it will be right next to my bed, is a definite no-no. Also I don't want any bright lights as my OH already complains about the amount of lights showing from my night-time tech plugged in. I could tape over small lights though.
I'm not bothered about fast charging as it would be overnight. Obviously reliability is important and not heating up too much. Any recommendations please? I am in the UK.

I got a Samsung original wireless fast charger, that I keep on the side by my bed. Completely silent, doesn't get hot, seems to be reliable, has one small light that's not too bright, blue when charging, green when charged. I charge a Note 7 with it, but will be OK with S7 as well of course.

This one...
charger1.jpg
charger2.jpg

Upvote 0
I have the standard (non fast charge) Samsung wireless charger on my bedside table, there is no noise when charging just a pale blue light that changes to green when charged, it will fully charge my GS7 Edge phone from nearly flat to 100% in around 4 hours. There is definitely no need for a fast charger to charge overnight.!

Upvote 0
I have spigen wireless charger for galaxy s7 device. The design of the charger is much stylish and charge my device quickly. The wireless charger includes 3 coils for Free Positioning Technology-horizontal or vertical placement. The charger strongly recommend using a 2A adapter for the best results
Can you charge the phone in portrait mode with that charger? I have an Itian A6 charger that looks likes that and is 3 coil, but only charges my S7 if it's landscape and positioned nearly perfectly in the middle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones