• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommendation for voice assistant

mknabster

I'm currently trying to find a handsfree assistant app since Google assistant throws an error saying it's not compatible with my phone for whatever reason. So im looking into other options, just trying to find an app that will recognize the button push on my handsfree device. I have a Supertooth HD bluetooth and it connects to the phone just fine, I can end a call by pressing the button on the unit, so the connection is solid and works. But when I click the button to send a command, nothing happens. So my thinking is mainly because there's no app installed to get that command to be recognized. I was going to test Lyra from what i found, but if anyone could recommend some of their favs, that would be great. Thanks!

what phone do you have now?? that might help us .. point you in the right direction.

1. Android does do it.
2. it might the app you use for that bluetooth device.
3. dont look at Bixby.. it sucks!

Oh yes, I'm sorry i didn't mention it before. I have the Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2 running 8.1 Oreo. Oh good, glad that Android will do it! The device doesn't have an app dedicated to ti, so i think it relies with whatever the phone has available. Obviously with the iPhone it used Siri so that's no longer an option. But with Android, not too sure what to use, since Google Assistant didn't come with the phone.

I was able to figure out why Google Assistant wasn't working. I did download Android Auto and noticed the voice service kept throwing errors. Upon doing some research, Google Assistant needs to be installed for that service to work, and the Google app itself needs to be installed for the Google Assistant to work. So that's one thing i'm getting used to coming from iOS, apps relying on others rather than being self-contained.

Back
Top Bottom