• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recorded Video file time and date is not wrong

I am working on Android 7 for video recording. After done Video record the file is saved in SATA partition. If I check the details of recorded file shows some wrong date and time (01-01-1970, 00:00).

Please give the fix.

If I check the details of recorded file shows some wrong date and time (01-01-1970, 00:00).
Interesting--that's the exact time of the UNIX epoch. Android is a Linux; Linux got its start from UNIX. So UNIX-related stuff on Android is normal.

But I don't know why your videos are being time-stamped like that. Are you saving them on a network drive?

Is there any configuration for Network Attached Storage?

If the files are been stored on a NAS drive. It's the NAS controller itself that provides time stamp information. And if that's wrong, then the time stamp info will be wrong. NAS can be provided from a computer or a stand alone device, like a Drobo.

"1970", the NAS controller must be using some sort of Linux OS, and apparently its date and time are not set.

Back
Top Bottom