• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recover Photos with Shoebox App

SunMad30

Hi All,
My sisters phone got smashed in her backpack, and she can’t see the screen, but she has photos and videos that she wants back. She does have an app called “shoebox installed on both her new phone and the broken one, I’m wondering if there is a way to sync the photos and videos from the broken phone to the shoebox app using the new phone? If not how else can she do to get her photos and videos back (my phone is locked)? Thanks in advance! ;)

I haven't used the shoebox app, but it looks like it is a cloud storage service/app. If the app was already backing up the photos/videos on the old phone, then, she should be able to see those photos/videos on the new phone (assuming she is logged into the same account).

If not, you may be able to use ADB to copy the files over from phone to PC using a USB cable, but I believe you do require USB debugging to be enabled on the phone (settings/developer options), and unless she had done that earlier, it may be hard to do that with a broken screen. Is the screen completely dead/blank? or is it lighting up, but touch is not working? If it at least lights up, you may be able to use a mouse (with OTG cable) to enable USB debugging, and then use ADB to get your data out.

Back
Top Bottom