• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RecyclerView Scrolling

umtblbl

I set the RecyclerView layout_height property to 200dp higher than the screen height. For example, when I have 3 elements in RecyclerView, I would like to have some scrolling thanks to dp. However, scrolling does not occur. Does anyone have a solution?

What this line mean?

Why don't you create a search bar on top of recyclerView like the answer I wrote for you ? https://androidforums.com/threads/nestedscrollview-and-searchbar.1309472/
Hi thank you very much for your comment, please excuse me for replying late. For my project, I thought it would be more useful to add it as a header on the RecyclerView. I added, but the problem is; for example, I would like to get some amount of scroll when there are 3 elements in the recyclerView list. (The header is hidden and visible again)
As a solution I tried this; I made the size of the recyclerView layout_height = screen size + screen size 20% but I had to add scrollView to be scrolled, in which case the recyclerView.addOnScrollListener method is not triggered.

Back
Top Bottom