• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reduce RAM usage in froyo?

bennylava

I noticed on my galaxy S, that its using something like 184Mb of ram, but it only has 339mb. I was wondering if its like windows, where you can go in and disable unnecessary services that might be running. Or something like that. You know, just to optimize the phone and minimize RAM usage.

Yes, Android keeps services running in the background all the time. What application did you get your memory information from? i.e. was it Manage Applications, Running Services etc?

If the service is unnecessary, Android will kill it if its not in use for some time. If its necessary, killing it will just make the phone bring it back again. And task killers arent good for Android and may cause damage according to Android savvy people. Android manages the memory automatically by itself. If there is too little RAM, it kills apps on its own.

Yes, Android keeps services running in the background all the time. What application did you get your memory information from? i.e. was it Manage Applications, Running Services etc?

Yeah I just looked around in the phone's settings. Didn't really use an app. I found where it tells about ram usage. But is android like windows? Are there unnecessary services running? Or can you cut down on RAM usage?

No Android is not like Windows. Not even Windows phone runs like Windows. On Android, unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Back
Top Bottom