• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stoney62

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
So, I've searched the entire forum for desktop apps and found only one post that has any mention of a remote desktop for the Note. It mentioned RDP, but my question is has anyone used SplashTop remote desktop HD or the less expensive non HD version for the Note 8013?

I was fortunate awhile back and managed to snag Splashtop when it was only .99 (don't remember the promotion). I played around with it when I first got it and haven't really used it enough to comment. I will say that my tab and the PC paired without trouble and I was truly able to see/control my PC apps and files from the tablet.

So, I've searched the entire forum for desktop apps and found only one post that has any mention of a remote desktop for the Note. It mentioned RDP, but my question is has anyone used SplashTop remote desktop HD or the less expensive non HD version for the Note 8013?

Upvote 0
Loads of apps like that out there. Do not search the forum for apps, search Play Store.

Team Viewer is also one of them.
The point is, who is using which one effectively on the N8013. But again, there isn't any mention of any remote desktop apps in any forum post except the one I've already mentioned. I'll take a look at team viewer.

Upvote 0
I just bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab note 10.1 for Christmas and loaded the Splashtop HD, I had to pay a little under 9 bucks for it and love it. I can even go to newsgroups on my PC, download movies or any other files and they are there when I get home. I am sure you could just drag them into Dropbox and have them on the Tab too.

I love the App

Upvote 0
I just bought myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab note 10.1 for Christmas and loaded the Splashtop HD, I had to pay a little under 9 bucks for it and love it. I can even go to newsgroups on my PC, download movies or any other files and they are there when I get home. I am sure you could just drag them into Dropbox and have them on the Tab too.

I love the App

Thanks, what I'm having a problem with is excel spreadsheets can't be fully formatted using any of the android office apps I have installed. I.e., copying formulas to adjacent cells. I might need to do that via a remote desktop using the ms excel on my computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones