• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Resolved] Live message stopped working on my Note 8

Jeff247

I don't use my live message a lot except for holidays and special events. Last time I used it was New Year's. I tried to use it today and got nothing beyond the 1st screen. Can't seem to do anything after touching live Message icon and getting that screen. Anyone else had this problem? Thank you

I'm having a problem getting my computer to read the phone's subfolders when it's connected and "File Transfer" is selected. Have you rebooted the phone?

what is your carrier op?
are you rooted?
do you have any background services disabled?
using an aggressive battery saver algorithm?

ive a t mobile usa variant stock not rooted and i just successfully used the app with no issue.

as mentioned above, reboot the phone. if that doesn't work, clear the phone's cache

Are you using a "background"? It is selectable in the upper right corner. If so, I'm able to duplicate the issue. Without selecting "background" mine works as advertised.

I have a stock Verizon Note 8 on Android 7.1.1, Samsung Experience 8.5... I just tried Live Message (I wanted one for Valentine's Day) and it works fine. All I can think of is maybe there's an app that's blocking it somehow...

sometimes random things happen on these pocket computers. sometimes a simple reboot or something under the hood corrects itself.

Glad it's back. While I think of it as just a gimmick others may find real use for the feature and really miss it if it quits. If you figure out why it quit for that short period please come back and let us know. I'm sure we will all benefit.

My live message is not working. Every time I open it unfortunately stops......

I have a stock Verizon Note 8 on Android 7.1.1, Samsung Experience 8.5... I just tried Live Message (I wanted one for Valentine's Day) and it works fine. All I can think of is maybe there's an app that's blocking it somehow...
I am facing the same problem

Mine does this also since an update occurred. Anyone know how to get it working again. I cleared the cache, rebooted, did a force stop, and nothing changed.

Mine does this also since an update occurred. Anyone know how to get it working again. I cleared the cache, rebooted, did a force stop, and nothing changed.
Mine get resolved a few days ago, I don't know how but its ok now also it got updated too having new features.. You should wait hope it got resolved soon ..

Back
Top Bottom