• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Resolved] Not getting OTA Marshmallow update

Hello, Just got an Unlocked Nexus 6 and added it to my Verizon plan. When I first turned it on it updated to 5.1.1 on Tuesday. Will it eventually get the OTA for Marshmallow? Running Stock/Non Rooted on Verizon. Is there a way for me to force it without rooting?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Normally, I'd have said "yes, eventually, you will get the OTA". But if you got 5.1.1 on Tuesday, and have not gotten Marshmallow yet, there may be something wrong. Try the "check for updates" on your phone - it rarely does anything, but worth a try.

What is the build# on your phone? (Settings/about)

Thankfully Google has published full OTA files - you still need ADB to sideload them, but you don't need to unlock the bootloader for that.
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/ota - there is a link to the ADB tool on that page. And you can grab the latest image for the nexus 6 - MOB31E I believe.

Reactions: Scotty McDonald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones